Friday, May 26, 2006

Clarification: Nancy Pelosi Has No Backbone, and I Have NOT Been Threatened by the Congressional Black Caucus

Lots of you are worring about Johnny A-List's safety, so I need to clear this up. Stay with me, because this is confusing and I know not everyone is blessed with my penetrating political wisdom.

A couple of days ago I mocked House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi for joining Repuglican Dennis Hastert in condemning the FBI raid on William Jefferson's office, saying Pelosi was probably doing it because she had been threatened by black people in Congress:

It reeks of someone having gotten to Pelosi and threatened her. First suspect, the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), an institution that doesn't have a lot of respect in the Democratic circles [in which] I hang. In fact, the word "corrupt" gets thrown around a lot. Did the CBC put pressure on Pelosi to denounce the raid as pennance for asking Jefferson to step down? Sounds likely.
Then late last night (after most of you were sleeping) I made a quick and hurried post called "I really hate it when Newt Gingrich is right," in which, yes, I also landed on Dennis Hastert's side of the argument:

...my friend Paul once told me "even a broken clock is right twice a day" (or maybe I told him). This is Gingrich's take on where things staff [sic] after Bush's Justice Dept. raided the Congress:

The House is now faced with a reality of power," says former Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich..."Either they do things that involve appropriations or oversight that are real, or they earn the contempt with which they are being treated."

A lot of people are asking me: "Johnny A-List, you're now saying what Nancy Pelosi was saying two full days ago. This looks somewhat suspicious. Have you also been threatened by the Congressional Black Caucus?"

I cannot BELIEVE you all would ask such a question. YES, I do spread rumors that the Congressional Black Caucus is "corrupt as hell," but NO, they have not threatened me! Ha! Let me explain...

When someone like a Nancy Pelosi takes a stance on an issue, it is clearly because she has no backbone and is caving to threats from corrupt groups (the obvious "first suspect" being the Congressional Black Caucus.) When Johnny A-List takes a stance--even if it is the same stance--I do not do so in a cowardly or girly manner; it is a manly stance with plenty of backbone.

I hope that clears things up! Don't forget, it's ARAVOSISblog Fundraising Week! You will not find this kind of quality, fast-breaking, hard-hitting news and commentary anywhere else, so please, if you want the ARAVOSISblog empire to grow and grow and grow, remember to set up a regular donation to give and give and give!

-JOHNNY A-LIST

10 Comments:

Anonymous KathyF said...

Frist!!!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger dusty said...

Hot damn..I love it!

Have a good weekend..

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Rita said...

I really wish Pelosi would stop using your ideas before you come up with them, yourself. I mean, how selfish and obvious can she be?

Sending more latte money your way!

12:12 PM  
Blogger eRobin said...

Kathyr: ROFLMAO

12:47 PM  
Blogger dusty said...

Dude..you got a writeup on Wonkette..

You have arrived! :p

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Janet said...

LOL at the Wonkette writeup! That sums it up, all right. Golly, that's going to go over well. ROFL!

2:17 PM  
Blogger The Red Queen said...

Thanks for the clarification. You are obviously not a big girl. On the donations front- I gave at the office.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

If Nancy Pelosi had a penis, she'd be qualified to opine.
But she's a woman, and we all know, women smell like fish down there.
One cannot focus on politics when their lap smells of dollar store sushi.
Eeuwwww.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, come on now -- its been a couple of days - you're overdue for a hissyfit.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After all the great things you had to say about Cynthia McKinney - calling her something along the lines of a wild-eyed-crack-whore... tisk tisk, Johnny. No wonder the CBC is after you. But that's okay. She's a big girl too, huh?

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home