Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Holiday Weekend to You--But No Rest for Johnny A-List

I hope you all have a relaxing Memorial Day weekend. I will be working like a dog (as usual), but not writing for the blog, unfortunately. You know how all my good buddies post on ARAVOSISblog? Well, now that I'm using your donations to put all my friends on salary, I suddenly have a WHOLE BUNCH MORE FRIENDS! I'm not kidding, I have a shitload of e-mails in my Inbox. I really hope I can get everyone on board--and it's looking like I can because donations are still pouring in!

By the way, some folks are asking why I don't announce actual job openings and then hire the "most qualified" candidate -- whether they be young, old, gay, straight, boy, girl -- more or less the way Josh Marshall at TalkingPointsMemo.com does it. The answer? Johnny A-List needs people who he feels comfortable with. Because, let's be honest, what's really the most important part of everyone's job here?

Helping Johnny A-List be Johnny A-List, that's what.

Happy Memorial Day!

9 Comments:

Blogger eRobin said...

By the way, some people have asked me why I don't announce job openings and then hire "qualified candidates" like Josh Marshall at TalkingPointsMemo.com does it.

Look, this isn't some volunteer, cable access, dog and pony, amateur hour, rinky dink operation you've got going. It's a 100,000 person a day blog that scoops and shills with the best of them. (you can use that on a t-shirt if you want) You don't need to answer questions like that. Anyone who asks them should have the good manners to ban themselves. Whatever happened to class?

I'm contributing a tanker of lattes!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

I just love you and your site. I've decided to refinance my house and send you the money so your orchids can have their own apartment and you go fly to Aruba for the Summer Blog coffee shop meet-up and be the star.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Wonkette, link included:

"It’s like when someone leaves a nasty voicemail and you make that your outgoing message, so they get even more pissed when they call back — except with a blog. [Aravosisblog]"

3:33 PM  
Blogger dusty said...

aha! KZ has found you..we are fans of a blog that touted your site today..Princess Sparkle Pony..

Have a good weekend Johnny A..keep on keeping on..

3:50 PM  
Blogger clonecone said...

It takes a lot of work to go to Eschaton and rip off everything Atrios says and links. Your boys deserve every penny.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Karen Zipdrive said...

...And as a dyke, it soothes my heart to know Johnny A-List also hates women, just like his alter ego.
After all, we aren't as stylish as our swishy brethern, we don't know how to dress for formal occasions and our asses are not playgrounds.
And even if some of us have degrees and have worked as main stream reporters, we aren't suited to contribute to Boys Only Blogs.
I salute you!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to mention this (and please don't ban me, because I don't mean to be critical. I really love you Johnny and already sold my car and put a check in the mail because you are just the BEST and without you I don't know how our constitution can hope to withstand the assault!) but just wanted to mention it IS Friday and it just seems like something - I just can't put my finger on what - is missing here...

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No orchids. But they are so vaginal!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous The Heretik said...

You should call yourself Johnny A Plus, so there is no confusion with the riff raff. Or rip off your riffs. Or something

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home