Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I Hate to Criticize Another A-list Blogger, But...

I know it's strictly verboten to criticize co-members of the Upper-Echelon A-List Liberal Blog Club... but I have no choice. Apparently Markos Moulitsas (of DailyKos) has a history of taking his eyes off the ball. A few short months ago, Kos responded to an uproar over a television ad by saying:

I won't sit there and judge pop culture... I certainly won't let the sanctimonious women's studies set play that role on this site.

THEN, after readers questioned his word choice, he said THIS:

Hmm, after considering the early feedback, it seems most people... had a huge problem with my sweeping generalization of the "women's studies set". It's a fair critique... Sorry about that, [emph added] but not sorry about my broader point -- that being sanctimonious about this ad is no different than the sanctimony we decry from people like Lieberman, Dobson, and the Family Values Coalition.

"Sorry about that?" Well, well, well. It would seem that Mr. Kos still has a lot left to learn about running a big, successful Web community. Did you see what happened there? Sure, he nipped a so-called "controversy" in the bud, but while he was apologizing like a little girl, he was taking his eyes off the ball.

Sure, it's just one moment, but EVERY SECOND COUNTS for important A-list blogger activists like Markos Moulitsas and me. I need to talk to him about this--perhaps I will prepare a lecture on it for YearlyKos:

"A-list Bloggers Should DEMAND Apologies, NOT Give Them."

And if you disagree, you can get the hell off of this blog. Right now. I'm serious.

5 Comments:

Anonymous stephanie said...

Oh, this is too damn funny.

6:49 PM  
Blogger The Red Queen said...

I'm not an A list blogger, so I can't demand an apology like the fuckstick Arovosis can.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aravosis and fuckstick. Ewww. He is fugly as far as I am concerned.

8:03 PM  
Blogger eRobin said...

It's so funny to watch them all ignore the whole thing. You are their Colbert at the WHCA Dinner.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Yeshua David said...

Johnny A,

I would like to thank you for putting a link to my site "Follow The Links" on your page, even though I tend to be a bit critical of you on my blog.

It just shows what a fair and balanced person you really are (which really doesn't explain all the deleting and post moving. I'm sure you were just trying to fix the error of your ways but, anyhow...)

I may have to change my mind about you now that you are being all honest and everything (parody, my ass)

Best of Luck!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home