Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"If There Were No ARAVOSISblog"

As you all know, I never stop thinking about ways to improve and expand ARAVOSISblog. But during this particular ARAVOSISblog Fundraising Week, I've found myself doing even more reflecting than usual on just how far I've come over the past two years, the possibilities for my new site, and the important role that I play in all of your lives. Anyway, I wrote a poem while sitting on the toilet just now, and I would like to share it with you:

"If There Were No ARAVOSISblog"
by Johnny A.

If there were no ARAVOSISblog,
where would you get all your news?
If there were no ARAVOSISblog,
who'd help you shape all your views?
If there were no ARAVOSISblog,
who would announce all the boycotts?
If there were no ARAVOSISblog,
how would Re-thugs get annoyed lots?

As tech guys deliver my prototypes,
and new ARAVOSISblog mock-ups,
I feel like it's already Fitz-mastime,
And K-Ro's already in lock-up.

The dawn of the new ARAVOSISblog,
Will usher us into an age,
Where strict message discipline rules our lips
As we bravely sing from the same page.

And when you pass on to your grandkids,
The full lifetime's worth of your wisdom,
You'll tell them the very best thing that you did,
Was to finance my blog activism.

I don't want to live in a world without
aRAVOSISblog
aRAVOSISblog
aRaVoSiSblog.blogspot.COM.

I decided to get a little e.e.cummings there at the end. Did you like it? I'm thinking of designing the whole thing onto a brand new T-shirt with my poem on the back, "Keeping My Eye On the Ball: the ARAVOSISblog Story" on the front, and my face on the shirt pocket.

2 Comments:

Anonymous weezie said...

I had to read it over and over again, as I kept swooning at the sweet lyrical crests and troughs.

I bite back a sob as I type this message of the most profound praise.

My mind swirls with the benumbed splendor. Could this be real? Could one sweet, humble being be more than the beacon of light, truth, and sword of all that is just? Can it really be that he has more of his mastery to reveal to us? A modern day Homer? The most magnificent congniscenti of our time?

Yes. Oh yes.

I tremble before your greatness.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Johnny A-List said...

Weezie,

One of the most important things to learn in life is how to take a compliment, and I've certainly had some practice in that area, so I will simply say "Thank you."

Thank you for your kind words, but I must say that it's not entirely about me. A small portion of the credit must go to all the little people in my life who do little things to help me further my quest of making ARAVOSISblog the shining example of Keeping Eyes On Ball-ness that it will someday be.

It will not be easy. As recent events have proven, there will be challenges along the way. But in the end, ARAVOSISblog will prevail.

Courage.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home