Sunday, May 21, 2006

It's fundraising week here at ARAVOSISblog!

Hi all, it's that time of the month again! (No, not that time, you stupid little girl--LOL.) I mean it's Fundraising Time! Okay, here's how it works. I have a LOT of stuff in the works. A huge redesign on the way. There will be a plethora of new features and capabilities on my side of things, and I'm even adding some stuff for you guys, too! (Clearly, based on recent events, I have some thinking to do about exactly how much I'll let you make this site "your own.") But no matter what I eventually decide, the point is that you should think of me as the new DailyKos, only subtract the Kos, and add the me! Johnny A!

Let me now quote something that I said during another recent fundraising week here at Aravosisblog:

If you like our reporting, if you like our commentary, if you like our activism, or simply like our attitude, donate, please. Consider us your favorite magazine, newspaper and advocacy group all wrapped in one.

Wow, that quote is really something, and it really it hit the nail on the head if I do say so myself: Our reporting, commentary, activism, and most importantly, our ATTITUDE. I can't stress that enough. If there's one thing I've learned in my countless months as an upper-tier liberal blogger with one of the highest-trafficked blogs on the World Wide Web, it is this:

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING.

How can you expect people to keep starting new user sessions, making donations and buying multiple funny t-shirts and mugs and mouse pads if you don't have the right attitude? You can't, that's how.

But it's not only about our humble and pleasing attitude here at Aravosisblog. It's also reporting, commentary and activism on such topics as Jeff Gannon, Ford, and cell phone privacy. I mean, I've been working on this blog full-time for quite a while now, so we have lots of big wins racked up. I could go on and on about our big victories like Jeff Gannon, Ford and cell phone privacy... but I won't. (But I could.)

But I digress. The real point, and the one thing you really need to keep in mind, is that by making a donation to help me achieve my dream Web site, YOU will become a part of it! (Again, maybe not a very big part. After all, there's still a reason why they call me the blogger, and you the commenter!) But still, it'll probably be a bigger part than most of you even deserve, based on your relative abilities to focus and keep your eyes on the ball! So it seems like a win-win situation to me!

Happy Aravosisblog Fundraising Week to each and every one of you!


Update: NOTE: I want to stress this: Do not give if you can't afford to. Sure, I'm asking for donations, but I don't expect everyone to give because I know everyone can't afford it. PLEASE: only give if you can afford to give.


Update: Sometimes after I post that caveat, I get e-mails like this one: "Johnny, if I couldn't afford to give you money, why the fuck would I give you money? How stupid do you think we are?" Well, reader, I don't know. Sometimes people are just so overwhelmed with the desire to help me achieve my goals for this blog that they want to give me the shirts off of their kids' backs and the Kraft Mac n' Cheese off the table. I could tell you stories of misplaced generosity that make me want to vomit--I can almost guarantee that they would make you want to vomit as well.

6 Comments:

Anonymous KathyF said...

I'd like to think it was my last comment below that inspired this post, but I know better.

Here's another $50, just for being you.

LOVE the attitude!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Johnny A-List said...

Thank you kathyf. Your donation is much appreciated.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Everyday Activist said...

Yes John. I just donated my entire paycheck to you. I know that it has been a while since you had a chance to shake that delicious "booty" of yours all over Europe.

"Lick, lick, lick, John" and you don't look a day over thirty-five, and I like you with a little meat on your bones.

Kisses!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Everyday Activist said...

By the way girl, I saw the lovely pics of you in that wedding dress. I hope that Andrew "Sully" Sullivan finally takes the hint and pops the question.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous RachelPhilPa said...

Rachel here again. Never mind that I'm out of work - I'm gonna sell my computer and a bunch of other stuff and send you the money so that you can go take another nice trip to Amsterdam. On me! Stay as long as you like! Even forever if you want!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention your "Where's Mary Cheney?" and "Stop Dr. Laura" campaigns.

- oddjob

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home