Wednesday, June 07, 2006

666 Day - Revenge of the Gays!

It's Day Three of Happy Sodomy Day!! I want to again call attention to this, because it's beautiful example of how to frame our issues so that they get the maximum traction. Yesterday was June 6, 2006 - better known as 666 - and as I said yesterday, I can't think of a better day for the revenge of the gays!

You see, lots of far-right conservatives don't like evil things, like "The Devil" and devilish symbols, like 666. (Heck, a lot of semi-, moderate and on-the-fence conservatives hate The Devil, too.) And what's the other thing conservatives don't like? That's right! The Gays! What better way to get the attention of ALL conservatives and really move our agenda forward, than to frame ourselves as devilish and evil! That'll sure get noticed!

You see, this is the kind of insight you will only find here at ARAVOSISblog--and why progressives are so lucky to have me, Johnny A-List, on their side! (By the way, not that it's even important enough to warrant a mention, but June is Gay Pride Month if anyone's interested.) But damn, it's a SHAME 666 DAY won't ever come around again, because it was that was the BEST AND HAPPIEST SODOMY DAY, EVER!!

4 Comments:

Blogger beervolcano said...

Fret not! We just have to wait until June 6, 2106!

Damn. It makes me wish I were gay.

I'm not. Ok? Even though I may think of you while having HETEROSEXUAL sex (let's B clear on that) that does't make me gay. At the most, it's bi-curious. But it's not even that since I'm not really curious.

Anyway, though I'm rabidly heterosexual, I still hate it when people make fun of Brokeback Mountain. At first I thought it was a pretty funny premise for a serious movie, but when I saw your outrage I knew I was way wrong. Thanks for straightening me out (if you will).

Oh, yeah, check's in the mail. What would we do without you?

9:42 AM  
Blogger beervolcano said...

lookie here.

OH! And you're so modest.
You didn't mention that your pic together made Katty Harris into a pariah. We'll just have to point it out to the world. And Bay Buchanan is a sweetheart in person, so I've heard.

10:08 AM  
Blogger eRobin said...

Unfortunately most moderates don't read Americablog so they couldn't get in on the fun of calling a Senator's office to say "analingus" to the staffer who answers the phone. I'm sure that made a lasting impression with the staffer and everyone s/he will tell about it for the next fifty years.

Important shit!

11:54 PM  
Blogger sfmike said...

It was the best and most satanic sodomy day ever, at least for me. And I'm sure it was for you too, Johnny A. And thank you so much for linking the two.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home