Thursday, June 08, 2006

T-Shirt Contest! (What Would YOUR Johnny A-List T-Shirt Say?)



Send jpegs or gifs to aravosisblog@gmail.com, or just leave an idea in the comments!

As most of you know, I am not only a world-class blogger, activist, and blogger-activist--I'm also a professional graphic designer! And when I combine my superior design talent with my razor sharp wit, do you know what I get? That's right! ARAVOSISblog T-shirts!

Kicking back in my free time and personally designing T-shirts for you to buy (OR for your loved ones and colleagues and co-workers to buy) (either for themselves OR as gifts for the loved ones, colleagues, co-workers, or random acquaintances in THEIR lives to buy) is one of my great joys. It's just the right thing for unwinding after a long day of important blog activism.

But since I still have my hands full right now attending conferences, sorting through my friends' resumes, banning people, planning my orca vacation, and otherwise keeping my eye on the ball, I've decided to let YOU, my loyal followers, come up with my next T-shirt idea. That's right--you, a mere commenter, have a chance to have your design or slogan considered by me, the blogger, Johnny A-List!
I'll post the entries here and we can discuss them. The winner will receive 5 Get-Out-of-Deletion Free vouchers. (E-mail voucher along with deleted comment to the ARAVOSISblog Comment Review Committee, and we will re-post your comment with only minor edits.) GOOD LUCK!

- JOHNNY

P.S. I forgot something: DON'T BE INTIMIDATED! No one expects your ideas to be as good as mine are--not many people are blessed with my penetrating political wisdom, keen eye for design, and ability to turn a phrase.
P.P.S. Also, most of you aren't professional writers like I am, so your attempts at witty slogans will lack pithiness, as in, it will take you too many words to say what you are trying to say, meaning that your overall word count will reach a level that is far, far too high, when what you were trying to say could have been conveyed in less than half the time--perhaps even one-third of the time--and people reading your words may lose interest in what the shirt says before they're even half way through reading it--or even one-third of the way through--when if you'd simply stopped and thought about the topic you were thinking about for just a few seconds more, the reader would have stood a chance at understanding what the main point of your T-shirt was, but as it is, they are shit outta luck.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous KathyF said...

Frist. That's what mine will say.

And on the back it will say, Here's another $50.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

I've got Attention Deficit Disorder. Give me the short version of that post, please.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Everyday Activist said...

Johnnie, you are a rock star! I googled Aravosisblog and this is what I found:

Results 1 - 10 of about 10,700 for aravosisblog. (0.27 seconds)

There are posts all over the internet about what a great blog this is, and how pathetic that other guy, the chubby one on the fruit and yogurt diet, you know the one.

The fat Greek girl, no not the one with the hit movie, the other one, the gay blogger one.

5:06 PM  
Blogger eRobin said...

Kathy F's got it. I want to order a thousand of those right now. Here's $50.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Rita said...

I'd like mine to say:

"No one ith pithier than Johnny A-Litht!"

'Cause it's so, so true.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home